City Administrator and Administration
This position serves as the Chief Administrative Officer for the City and is responsible for the overall, general superintending control of the administration and management of the City’s business, officers and employees subject to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the daily activities of City government.
- Carries out all long range and/or strategic activities for the City.
- Handles all public relations for the City including media and citizen relationships.
- Serves as chief liaison to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Oversees all economic development activities of the City.
- Acts as a liaison to the Parks Commission.
- Oversees all personnel functions for the City.
- Represents the City to other agencies and sits on outside Boards, committees, etc. as requested or as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as required by state statutes and local ordinances.
- Accounts for and assures proper usage of City property.
- Performs all other duties as needed or required.