Archived Packets & Agendas
Duties and Responsibilities of the Board of Aldermen
- Voters elect two candidates, per ward, to the Board of Aldermen
- Each member of the Board serves a two-year term, with each seat up for election in alternate years.
- The primary purpose of the Board is to approve the City's annual budget, review and approve monthly expenditures and consider the approval of ordinances. The Mayor can override (veto) any ordinance being considered by the Board and a two-thirds vote of the Board is required to override a Mayoral veto.
- The Mayor may appoint officers, subject to the approval of the Board.
- The Mayor presides at Board Meetings.
- The Board of Aldermen meet twice each month and may, at times, hold special or emergency Board meetings.
- Board meeting agendas, prepared by the City Administrator in partnership with the City Clerk, are posted well in advance of each Board meeting.
- All Board meetings are open to the public. Closed sessions, when necessary, are not public
- Members of the Board often serve on other City-related boards and committees.
To apply to serve as an Alderman...
- Candidates for the Board of Aldermen must be at least 18 years old, a citizen of the United States, a resident of the city -and the specific ward- for at least one year preceding the election.
- Candidates found guilty of any felony or misdemeanor under the state or federal law are ineligible to serve.
- Candidates must file an affidavit with the Missouri Department of Revenue affirming no delinquency of any state income, real estate, personal property, and municipal taxes.
Mayor Sam Snider
4/2023 - 4/2023
4/2023 - 4/2023